Acero Junction Inc. is established to serve the domestic North American consumers where the demand for hot rolled bands is expected to grow to 28 million tons while about 3.8 million tons of capacity has been removed from the market.
The mill lies in the heart of Marcellus and Utica gas regions and is serviced by two railroads, the Norfolk Southern and Wheeling Lake Erie. There are three major highway access to this property which are Ohio Route 7, Federal Route 22 and Interstate 70 which link to all other major highways. It also has barge handling facility with 150 acres of water front property at Ohio river.
Acero Junction Inc. is supplying hot rolled bands to coil processors, cold rolled strip producers, pipe and tubers, original equipment manufacturers and steel service centers. Our strategic location gives us excellent access to our customers, as well as convenient access to high quality raw material.
Acero Junction has unique capability to produce 72” wide Hot Rolled coils in this region. The plant comprises of:
- 3.0MM tons per annum (MTPA) continuous hot strip mill (80” wide) and roll shop
- 400 ton furnace capacity with tapping capacity 250 tons per hour (TPH), 157 MVA Electric Arc Furnace (EAF)
- 1.6-2.2 MTPA capacity based on charge mix (scrap + hot metal)
- Twin station swing roof 35 MVA Ladle Metallurgy Furnace (LMF)
- 2.80 MTPA, 1 x 2 strand slab continuous casting machine
- Equipped with automatic roll changers, roll bending, and hydraulic automatic gauge control
- 1.2 MCFM bag house for waste gas cleaning
- Laboratory facilities
- EOT cranes, ladles, charge Buckets, transfer cars, coil cars and balancing facilities